Monday, August 31, 2009

Our First Hike















There is a mountain behind our apartment building and my host father goes on a two hour hike everyday. One day I mentioned that I wanted to go for a walk and explore the area so that I could get a good grasp on where we live in relation to other things. My host father understood my comment as though I wanted to go for a hike in the mountain. I was told to quickly go put pants on and handed a visor. We were off into the mountains before I could debate anything. 


We hiked in many different directions so that I could learn many of the trails and multiple ways to return home. This first hike, although a bit awkward, was a great bonding experience for us to have some time to talk and get to know eachother.

My host father also was kind enough to show me how to use all of the workout equipment that is located at different points on the mountain. Maybe he thought that people only did sit ups and pull ups in Korea? Bless his caring heart. He was so nice and showed me everything that I could possibly need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment