The first day that I announced that I was going for a run around the apartment complex area, I was questioned about my intentions, but allowed to go. The second time that I mentioned running, my host father insisted that we "go together." I wasn't sure what this meant, but I was ready with my shoes on at the time I was told to be ready. I asked my host father if he wanted to run with me. He said no, but still he wanted to show me where to run.
We left the aparment and headed to a local school that has a track. My host father decided to borrow my second grade little brother's bike and ride next to me while I ran to the school. He is so thoughtful and always wants to help. We "traveled" together to the school. We looked like quite a duo, a white girl in a college t-shirt with an ipod and my Korean host father, dressed with a and popped collar, riding a kiddie bike. We chatted on our way to the school and sometimes we would just stop and giggle at how silly the whole situation was.
The track turned out to be under construction and I returned to running on the sidewalks. I will always remember the picture of the two of us heading out of the apartment complex together and I will always regret not having a picture of the event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment