
10. Being treated like a celebrity and having everyone know who you are and want to talk to you.
9. My host dad setting Korean goals for me and creating posters to hang around the apartment with the first 500 Korean words I need to learn.
8. Always knowing what’s going on in Mass, despite not understanding much of the language. It’s a good thing that Catholics are the same everywhere.
7. Bowing to everyone you know and don’t know. The respect for others makes me so happy.
6. The joy of understanding what someone is saying to you in Korean and being able to respond, even with only a few words, and be understood.
5. Never exactly knowing what I am eating and always enjoying it. My picky eating days are behind me and now I often enjoy octopus and kimchi for breakfast.
4. Enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee each morning after breakfast. I have yet to be late in the morning. That fact alone would have been unheard of in my American life.
3. Speaking with my host mother with body language and broken Korean sentences and always having her understand what I am saying. I think that despite our inability to have a deep conversation, we have created a great bond.
2. Yongso Elementary School…Love Love Love
1. The Park family….I am so lucky!

This makes me happy! :-D
ReplyDelete